Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sketch N Scrap Guest Designer - Take Two


Welcome!  I'm back to share my second card as a Guest Designer for Sketch N Scrap!  (Squeal!) There is a fun new sketch challenge that you will have to go and see as soon as you are finished here.  First let me show you my card:


I've been having fun lately with paint and stencils so I decided to design some paper to use on my card.  I wanted to make something bright and happy so I chose lemon yellow and turquoise acrylic paint from Dina Wakley Media.  This paint is luscious and the colors are gorgeous!

First I grabbed a piece of Ranger Distress Watercolor paper from my stash and covered it in a thin coat of gesso using my palette knife. This is an important step for this technique so don't skip this part.


After it dried, I squeezed out a dime size drop of each color of paint and then scrapped it randomly onto the card again using my palette knife.


While the paint was still wet I laid a stencil on top.  I grabbed a baby wipe and wiped off the paint from the holes in the stencil leaving a reverse stencil pattern.

Next after the paint dried I got another stencil and my Dylusions White Linen ink spray.  I laid the stencil on the painted paper and spritzed on the ink spray.  Then I let it all dry.  I would suggest letting it air dry to avoid paper warping.  It dries pretty quickly if you use thin coats of paint like I did.


I die cut three shapes from some white paper and used pop dots to adhere the die cut white paper over a strip of the paper that I made allowing the painted paper to show through the holes.  I also used a bit of my painted paper to make some banner shapes to add to the card front too.

Finally, I stamped out my sentiment using stamps from my new stamp set from My Favorite Things - Simply Fabulous Saying.  I like how it all came together!


I hope you get a chance to play with paint soon too!  It is a ton of fun to get your fingers dirty!! lol

Now you need to pop over to Sketch N Scrap and check out the fun sketch!  Leave a little love and if you get a chance - join in the challenge too!!

Until next time...happy scrapping!!

Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Another awesome card! Thanks so much for sharing your process with us, I wondered how you made that awesome background! I may have to try it soon! We enjoyed having you as GD at Sketch N Scrap, thanks for playing along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! What a fun technique! I have recently picked up a bunch of stencils but wasn't sure which medium to use so now I will be adding gesso to my shopping list! I have been m.i.a your last few posts so I need to go check them out! Great card too Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Gorgeous card!
    One of my fav things to do is layering stencils.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job..... Dina would be soooo proud....

    ReplyDelete